Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Classic Carob-Chip Cookies

Or, pseudo-chocolate chip cookies.

Or, awesomeness with awesome sauce.

Okay, I'll be honest, I have nothing funny or clever today. On all accounts, I've been quite boring. My normal, antisocial, semi-sociopathic personality has come out to lounge on the lilo and here, I have this offering for you, promising I'll come around.

I actually like the way carob chips taste even better than chocolate chips, but, we never did say I was normal, did we.

Classic Carob-Chip Cookies
1/2 cup canola oil
1 tsp vanilla
1 heaping tbsp cornstarch
2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup water
carob chips to taste
1 cup vegan sugar





-Just mix all bits and lay out on a greased cookie sheet.
-These came out tasting exactly like your mom's chocolate chip cookies - they're really gooey to begin with, but they harden up. Cook on 350 for about 10 mins.
-I just sort of threw mine onto the pan and didn't roll them up into balls. I would advise rolling them up so they don't resemble invertebrates.



-Ummmmmmmmm, nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment