Friday, August 20, 2010

Hummus is Yummus

My favorite thing on earth to eat is chickpeas. I like chickpeas on pancakes, I like chickpeas on pizza. I like chickpeas in my toothpaste and if they invented it, I would buy chickpea flavored lube. Well, no probably not. But I would consider it.

So, here is a quick, easy, no-brain-dead-idiot-could-mess-this-up version of the best thing since before the Beatles: Hummus.

Quick Easy Hummus

1 can chickpeas + water in can
2 tbsp tahini paste
2 tbsp olive oil
3/4 tsp salt
2 tsp lemon juice
2 tsp minced garlic

-This is a recipe even your dog couldn't mess up, even my dog, who is probably a reincarnated rock.
-Hummus has tons of PROTEIN, so it's awesome! Or, it'll give you really bad indigestion.
-Just blend all of this in the food processor and you're good to go! If you eat bread and aren't gluten-adverse, make sure your bread doesn't have lactylate as an ingredient b/c this can come from animals. However, it can also come from plants, or be synthetically created! (yay scary labs!) So check yourself, before you wreck yourself.

-Lastly, if you want to be all posh and fancy and better than me, sprinkle paprika over the top of your godly creation. It will look professional and like you have more skillz than you do! (Lying is the best way to impress people!)

-Ummmm, that's it. I'll put up something more interesting when I get more interesting.


(don't hold your breath)



No comments:

Post a Comment