Friday, August 6, 2010

Roasted Corn with Basil-Shallot Vinaigrette

So today was a massive cooking day. I set out to make one thing and actually made four. But no one really cares about that, or me, so let's just move straight on then, shall we:

I got this recipe from the fantabulous Eating Well website. I used up all my fresh basil on the Scalloped Tomatoes from the other day, so I substituted in dried basil. Straight up I think that and the lemon juice are the biggest things I changed, but this recipe was really light and tasted a lot like sour cream and onion chips (random).

Roasted Corn with Basil-Shallot Vinaigrette
barely adapted from original

3 1/2 cups sweet yellow corn (about 2 cans)
2 tbsp olive oil
dried basil to taste
2 tbsp chopped shallots (green onions)
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
1/4 tsp salt
cracked black pepper to taste
1/2 tsp lemon juice

Basically, all you do is preheat the oven to 450. Toss the 3 1/2 cups corn with the olive oil and spread it on a baking ban. Bake for 25 mins, stirring once or twice, until the corn browns a bit. It'll smell soooo much like popcorn. Nomnomnommm.


I was just reflecting on how much I ate today. Fail. Okay next: chop/dice the shallots. Whatever. Dicing is way too involved for me, plus my cutting knife is about as sharp as my wit. That is to say... not very sharp.

-Now homie, mix the vinegar, salt, pepper, lemon juice, and basil in a dish.

-When the corn comes out of the oven, first be careful because 450 degrees is one hot motherfucker, and I burnt my hand even through my oven mit. Like I said, real sharp. Toss the corn and vinegar mix all together and eat it hot or coooold. Done!



No comments:

Post a Comment